Wednesday, February 21, 2024

PERPETUAL note-taker

 

Deuteronomy 8:3

King James Version

3 And he humbled thee, 

and suffered thee to hunger, 

and fed thee with manna, 

which thou knewest not, 

neither did thy fathers know; 

that he might make thee know 

that man doth not live by bread only, 

but by every word that proceedeth 

out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.


Perhaps, I was born with a pen in hand.

Always taking down notes.

Always writing something.

Always jotting down ideas.

Often class secretary in high school.

Often assisting my father to write down stuff.

Often supplying the word, or words, people look for.

Having a perpetual love for words.

Delighting in word play.

Knowing many books reside in my heart.

Not knowing how, or when, that would occur.

Until one day, GOD made me born again.

And everything finally made sense.

I was little scribe to the LORD.


I took down notes.

The day He led me to the Bible.

Some 636 moons ago.

Notebooks, index cards were filled with verses that called to me.

Even scraps of paper, such as back of receipts, were not spared.

You can see proof from the photo above.

I could not write fast enough, for the volume of material.

Scripture was so rich in GOD's TRUTH!

I marvel at how people can claim to have read the Bible.

At least THREE times.

The whole Bible?

Wow.


I'm still a work in progress.

SPIRIT takes me where He will, each day.

He inspires, guides, explains, gives clues.

And lets me piece it all together.

Possibly delighting in my devotion.

How can anyone not delight in the WORD of GOD?

It's PURE love, truth, mercy, glory, and wisdom from GOD!

It's the most exciting story that happened, is happening, and will still happen.

I know EXACTLY what apostle John meant when he said:

John 21:25

King James Version

25 And there are also many other things 

which Jesus did, the which, 

if they should be written every one, 

I suppose that even the world itself 

could not contain the books 

that should be written. 

Amen.


I doubt I'd be able to read the Bible, in full, THREE times.

Only because EVERY word speaks to me.

The King James Version has 783,137 words.

I linger, with EVERY word.

EVERY word speaks volumes.

EVERY word becomes another clue.

EVERY word opens an idea, for writing.

EVERY article leads to another.

EVERY blog leads to another.

Now, we have over a hundred blogs.

I may need several lifetimes to read the Bible, in full.

Of course, I'm exaggerating.

I only have this lifetime.

Hebrews 9:27

King James Version

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, 

but after this the judgment:


Perhaps, my LORD will forgive my inability to read the Bible, from cover to cover, in one sitting.

So, I marvel at anyone who can do that.

I need SPIRIT to explain everything to me.

To find the true meaning of each word.

To remain true to GOD's WORD.

To know EXACTLY what JESUS means.

To get things right, EXACTLY as GOD commands.


Bear note that there are many Bible versions.

GOD led me to the King James Version.

The Old English style became easy for me to understand.

Strange, but true.

I haven't veered since.

Turned out, many abide by KJV.

And all I do is follow SPIRIT.

Wherever He takes me.

This is His nature, after all:

John 3:8

King James Version

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, 

and thou hearest the sound thereof, 

but canst not tell whence it cometh, 

and whither it goeth: 

so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


Note-taking is a compulsion.

A delight.

A desire.

A discipline.

An offering, back to GOD.

A reflection of my complete attention.

Undivided.

Undistracted.

Unimpeded.

I am GOD's little child.

Forever with pen in hand.


Related material:

DEVOTION to the WORD of GOD

How the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD Taught Me

GOD wanted me to WRITE

GOD's GLORY blogs

BORN AGAIN classics

WORD of GOD

BLOOKS


Photo by author


PERPETUAL note-taker

  Deuteronomy 8:3 King James Version 3 And he humbled thee,  and suffered thee to hunger,  and fed thee with manna,  which thou knewest not,...