Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Quirky BIBLE studies

 

1 Timothy 6:19

King James Version

19 Laying up in store for themselves 

a good foundation against the time to come, 

that they may lay hold on eternal life.


There is a way to study the Bible.

Simply, easily, and happily.

Here's how I got to do it.

And surely, it was not by self.

Strangely, or because it's my personality, the SPIRIT of GOD taught me differently, the day GOD made me born again in 2019.

He taught me to study the Bible quietly, at home, with not much coaching from others, but mostly through the ministrations of the, HOLY SPIRIT each moment.

SPIRIT made things very clear, and systematic, for me.

And if it's not clear, all I do is compare the King James Version, or KJV, with other Bible versions.

Eventually, SPIRIT and I developed a cool, self-teaching tool which we called "WORD study".

SPIRIT teaches me to teach myself.

That I may also teach others.

Early on, SPIRIT taught me to take any verse, a word at a time, or a phrase at a time.

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, 

a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, 

rightly dividing the word of truth.


I was learning quite effortlessly, so much so, SPIRIT and I ended up with 62 blogs so far.

Triggered by verses I'd hear from sermons, I found myself creating new blogs addressing certain themes, relevant to the times.

My eyes and ears were always open to the WORD of GOD.

He'd always give me clues, or prompts, and I'd be on it.


I also found, I don't get lost having so many blogs.

SPIRIT helps me organize everything, linking each blog, to the other.

Now, it's one, seamless whole.

All focusing on the WORD of GOD, as taught by SPIRIT, in honor of JESUS, for the GLORY of GOD.

Surely, GOD's way would be different for you.

And then again, my method might just work for you.

Assuming you're not born again yet, here's how it goes.

Or at least, this is how it went for me:

Accept you know nothing, and GOD will give you everything.

Acknowledge the sins you've committed.

Ask GOD for forgiveness.

Desire to become a new person.

Ask to know GOD's TRUTH.

Wait for His answer.

Being made born again by GOD is really astounding.

Others have tried; only GOD was able to make me born again.

He will then anoint you with His SPIRIT.

After which, all your lessons will begin.

Even if you've never touched a Bible before, you will be surprised at how easy it is to understand, and how easy it is to find answers about your life, work, future, and relationships.

The SPIRIT of GOD is "teacher of all things".

John 14:26

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things, 

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


Now that you're born again, every time you have a question, pray to JESUS.

He promised to pray to the FATHER to send us the Father's SPIRIT, to guide us.

John 14:16

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter, 

that he may abide with you for ever;


And every time you pray, wait for an answer.

The LORD will surely answer your questions.

I find, JESUS answers me immediately -- through key words, or phrases, which I search for online.

And they lead me to many verses.

I let SPIRIT choose the appropriate verse to use for our blogs.

My prayers are often accompanied by tears, because of the things I have in my heart.

I dearly wish to know GOD's TRUTH.

I dearly wish to know His WILL.

My only objective in prayer, is obedience.

Only GOD knows what's good for us.

I cannot pray for something that's not His will.

I leave EVERYTHING up to Him.

That's what being born again means.

You believe in JESUS.

You pray to Him.

You study the Bible.

You live by the Bible.

You share the Bible.

If you're really serious at wanting to understand the Bible, and to better self, and life, all you have to do is pray to GOD.

Be childlike with the FATHER.

JESUS encouraged us to be.

Matthew 18:3-4

King James Version

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself 

as this little child, 

the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.


Tell Him what is in your heart.

Even as He already knows.

Matthew 6:8

King James Version

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: 

for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, 

before ye ask him.


Approach GOD with all humility.

For we really know nothing.

Save for GOD.


Related material:

The LORD hears your CRY

WHAT makes GOD answer a PRAYER?

STOP divining the FUTURE

LIVE by the BIBLE

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Img Bin


PERPETUAL note-taker

  Deuteronomy 8:3 King James Version 3 And he humbled thee,  and suffered thee to hunger,  and fed thee with manna,  which thou knewest not,...